Flow Assurance Testing
Advanced testing and expert knowledge to help you understand hydrate formation, chemical inhibitors and the characterization of precipitated solids.
The field of flow assurance is quickly expanding to include a wide range of analytical methods. With our expertise in chemical comparison, setting design criteria and looking for the source and mechanisms of deposits, SGS can ensure you have uninterrupted, optimum productivity in your oil and gas streams.
Flow assurance testing
We provide expert analysis and interpretation in a range of multi-disciplinary flow assurance testing services, and utilize state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Wax deposition cells
- Light-scattering onset detectors
- Hydrate imaging cells
- Pressurized rheometers
- Cross-polar microscopes
- Differential scanning calorimeters
- A host of ancillary equipment for testing solids and analyzing water chemistry
Flow assurance services are available both within our fixed laboratory testing facilities and through the FluidPro PAL™ mobile laboratory service.
Our flow assurance testing program includes:
- Wax appearance temperatures (WAT) for both live and dead oils
- Asphaltene solubility boundaries (asphaltene onset measurements)
- Hydrate association or disassociation boundaries
- Scale solubility boundaries and analysis of scale deposits
- Screening tests for potential organic solids
- Advanced water chemistry tests
- Expert and experienced staff to help you find solutions
Contact your SGS representative to discuss how we can help you with your analyses.